It’s a dreary February day here in New Jersey. Just the kind of day that is perfect for delving into a DIY project or two. And, since it is Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share some LOVE with a GIVEAWAY! We would LOVE for you to WIN one of the projects that my amazing design assistant, Elaine, and I decided to tackle.
Here are the steps to WIN the white lacquered tray table with the 5 unique wallpaper inserts on the metal stand, shown in the photos below.
HOW TO WIN:
1) Go to the Valerie Grant Interiors Instagram page.
2) Find the post for this blog post – should be the first one 🙂
3) Like the post and in the comments tag 2 friends.
4) That’s all.
5) Winner announced on Monday, February 18th!
Doing It Yourself
You can add some distinctive accessories to your decor with one or both of these DIY projects. We used West Elm products that are easy to order and get shipped right to your door.
Decorative Tray with Interchangeable Wallpaper Inserts on Metal Stand
Stripes & Circles grasscloth wall covering by Arte
Here is how we created this versatile and functional tray that you can use for different occasions, seasons, etc. We styled the 5 wallpaper inserts for a romantic Valentine’s Day evening, a kid’s ice cream soda party, a bourbon night, a tropical margarita bash or a colorful beer party, using the tray and metal stand we ordered from West Elm. And, we did it in just 5 easy to follow steps:
1) Use any leftover wallpaper or decorative paper – stores like Paper Source are a great resource for unique paper designs.
2) Cut heavy stock matte boards to fit the inside of tray.
3) Apply spray mount to the surface of matte boards.
4) Place wallpaper on top and trim edges to size of matte board.
5) Add 1/4” glass insert on top of wallpaper to protect the surface.
Here is another great DIY project that can be customized to your personal style. We purchased these circular trays from West Elm as well.
To make your own, find trays in shapes and finishes that appeal to you and follow the 5 steps below:
1) Apply a base coat of gold spray paint.
2) Use painters tape to map out the desired decorative detail. You may need to do this in multiple stages if you are doing a pattern with 2 or more colors.
3) Choose spray paint in colors to match your decor.
4) Once spray paint dries, carefully remove the blue tape.
5) Apply MinWax polycrylic clear semi gloss top coat.
Find a great spot on a coffee table or book shelf to add an element of color and pattern.
Happy Valentine’s Day and hope you are our winner!!!