Top Tips for Renovating your Home
AS FEATURED ON THE LUX PAD BLOG
Renovating your home in 2019? We’re here to help. Starting a home renovation can be daunting, but with a few insider tips and tricks, you’ll be on your way to making your home improvement plans a reality. From setting a budget to finding the right team and preparing for setbacks, here are our top home renovation tips…
Valerie Grant – Valerie Grant Interiors
I like to get the most out of renovation projects by combining cost-effective updates with more significant long-term improvements to create impactful transformations.
My top 5 renovation tips are:
- Match your vision with your budget.
- Prioritize rooms to renovate based on your personal wants and needs but also consider the potential resale value (think kitchens & bathrooms).
- Utilize unfinished spaces such as attics and basements to maximize usable square footage.
- Try to create an open floor plan in the main living areas. Not only will you enjoy the flow and connectivity between the rooms, but it will also make it feel more spacious.
- Be creative!! Look for opportunities to refresh, update or relocate finishes and furnishings.